Mr 2kay Robbery: Burna Boy finally submits self to police, detained, to be charged to court Monday

Nigerian dancehall star, Damini Ogulu popularly known as ‘Burna Boy’ on Friday submitted himself to the Lagos State Police Command to state his side of the story over allegations of his involvement in a robbery attack on a fellow artiste, Mr. 2kay.

He was subsequently arrested, interrogated and detained and is expected to be charged to court on Monday alongside four of members of the gang earlier arrested.

Commissioner of Police, Mr. Imohimi Edgal, after the interrogation, said the State Police Command has zero tolerance for all forms of crime and would not hesitate to prosecute anyone found culpable in any criminal offence perpetrated in the State.

“There would be no sacred cows. This Command is poised to ensure that every resident can feel safe wherever they are and carry out their businesses without fear or favour.

Anyone therefore found to be involved in this case would be made to face the law to clear his or her name or face prosecution,” Imohimi said.

The pop musician, who was declared wanted by the Lagos Police Command in connection with the robbery attack on another popular musician, Mr. 2kay at Eko Hotel and Suites early last month, reported to the Command headquarters in Ikeja at about 5pm.

Tunmise Omotore, gang leader of the suspected robbers, had confessed on how they disguised as room service to rob Mr. 2kay at Eko Hotel and Suites on the instruction of Burba Boy’s Road Manager, Joel Kantiock.

Mr 2kay Robbery: Burna Boy finally submits self to police, detained, to be charged to court Monday

Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Edgal Imohimi (left), Dancehall musician, Damini Ogulu popularly known as Burna Boy (2nd right), being interrogated over his involvement in a robbery incident, at the Police Command, Ikeja, on Friday, December 15, 2017.

Mr 2Kay was robbed at gunpoint in his hotel room at the Eko Hotel and Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos, on October 22, during the “Buckwyld N Breathless” concert where he also performed.

Mr 2Kay, in an interview with Linda Ikeji TV, said although Burna Boy called to deny that he was involved in the robbery, he said he had apologised.

He said Burna Boy told him on the phone that it was possible his road manager, Joel Kantiok, who was paraded by the police, had heard that he was upset with Mr 2Kay and decided to stage the robbery himself.

He also detailed how the two had a fallout, saying Burna Boy had always distanced himself from him.

Mr 2Kay also described the robbery as a traumatising experience.

Meanwhile, Burna Boy‘s concert previously scheduled for Sunday has been postponed “due to recent allegations” leveled against him.

A press statement released by the promoters of the concert on Friday, said Burna Boy and his management were working to clear his name.

The new date of the concert has not yet been announced, and will be “communicated in the near future.”

Add Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.